Shoul I stay of should I go?

10 October 2014


Recently I'v been thinking a lot about blogging and whether I still wanted to do it. So many blogs I've read over the years have started focusing on consumerism and materialism. I was not sure whether there was any purpose in it, or whether there was any place for me in the blogosphere.

My life is busy enough nowadays, I'm just about to apply for a job as a junior doctor, we may need to move house (or country) once I finish my degree,  we'd love to start a family before I'm 30 years old.

There is so much to think about, so many important decisions to take. 

Is there any place in my life for writing, taking pictures and first and foremost, why do I want to make it all public? 

I've thought long and hard about this over the past week and I decided that I didn't want to give up blogging for the following reasons: 
  1. Blogging about my life encourages me to be more conscious about my time and how I spend it.
  2. I love writing. I used to write a lot when I was younger (diaries, letters, journal, creative writing) and I want to continue that. 
  3. I want to document my life.
  4. I don't want to be just a consumer of knowledge on the Internet. I want to be a contributor. I am inspired by other people and I want to be a source of inspiration. 
  5. I want to meet like minded people and connect with them. I hope this blog will be a good platform for that. 
  6. I want to prove to myself that living a creative and meaningful life is possible, even when one wants to pursue a professional career. 
So this weekend I will be launching a brand new blog with a brand new name and purpose. I will be sharing my photographs, travels and thoughts on various topics. 

I hope you'll join me. 

- Malgosia

5 comments:

  1. też miałam ostatnio zawahanie, chociaż akurat mój nawał obowiązków nie ma się nijak do Twojego, oboje prowadzimy niesamowicie próżniacze życie póki co. wychodzę z pracy o 15:30 i interesuje mnie tylko: czy poczytam coś mądrego, czy zjem coś dobrego, czy może po prostu pójde spać, czy poplanuję nam wyjazd. i też zostawiam bloga, u mnie powód jest prosty: robienie zdjęć jest moją tzw. pasją, której łatwo wszystko inne przyporzadkowac. nosze ze sobą aparat - bo może zrobię coś dobrego po drodze do pracy. wymyślam miejsca na spacer - bo mogę zrobić tam coś ładnego. itp, wszystko się samo nakręca, a blog jest miejscem które sprawia, że moja praca po pracy nie idzie na marne. poza tym podoba mi się, stawanie sie coraz lepszym, piszę lepiej niż kiedyś, zdjęcia też robię lepsze niż choćby 2 lata temu.
    a nowy blog? rozumiem że potrzebujesz nowego startu i czekam z ciekawościa co wymyślisz, ale "I will be sharing my photographs, travels and thoughts on various topics" nie mogłabyś napisac o strollingabout? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Przenosze sie na wordpressa, i nazwa mi sie znudzila. Tez chce pisać lepiej i wiecej i nauczyc sie o fotografii i pisaniu podrozniczym czegoś. Zobaczymy co z tego wyjdzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think there's a place for you in blogging and I'd be really sad if you'd decided to give up! I always love seeing your beautiful photos and reading what you have to say. I've felt a little bit lost with blogging over the last few months, but I'm having a good think about the reasons I do it too and I definitely want to step away from the consumerism side and just talk about what's on my mind and what I've been up to. I'm looking forward to seeing what the now blog has in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sarah, it's lovelt to read your kind comment.

      I just wanted to say that this wasn't an attention seeking type of post, but of couse it's nice to see that some people would like to continue reading my blog. I hope a fresh start will allow me to accomplish my goals when it comes to blogging and focus on things that matter to me, rather than follow in footsteps of the trendy blogs.

      Delete
  4. I find blogging a bit of an odd hobby in some ways - we've chatted about it on twitter before. I blog because I enjoy writing, and like you say, it's a way for me to make sure I can do some photography, cooking and creative fun. But there is a bit of a double edged sword to it - I'd like to use it more as a diary, but I'm too private a person for that - and I feel a bit of a rubbish blogger when I don't post for a few weeks, compared to folk who blog every day or three times a week!

    ReplyDelete