Let's catch up...

24 September 2014


^^ picture by my sister, Kasia.

I feel like I've neglected this place for far too long now. I missed writing over the summer but decided to write in a journal instead of the Internet.

Anyway, I'm back here now and I'd love to learn more about people who read this blog of mine (I know you're there, page views don't lie, so don't be shy and say hi! << accidental poem).

So with a view of getting to know you all better, here are some insights into my current life.


I'm now in my final year of medicine. I have exactly 16 weeks and 3 days (including today) left in hospital before I sit the 2nd part of my final exams and become a doctor (yikes!). But thanks to my university's system, I will only start working next August which means almost 5 months of unemployment... or holidays! But more on than later.

My current hospital is 50 miles away from Edinburgh and I have to be in for around 8 am every day, which means very early mornings. But I don't mind too much. I'm a morning person anyway. There is something charming about making espresso at 5.30 am and thinking that most of this city is still asleep.

The summer seems like a very distant memory now. And it was one of the best ones in my life. We started off by going to T in the Park with friends, then went to Bali with J and finished off by one month in Warsaw on my elective on neonatal ward (i.e. baby ward!). It was glorious.

It's difficult to imagine that two months ago I was wandering around a tiny island in Indonesia, taking pictures and inhaling scent of incense and the sea. Now my days revolve around assisting in orthopaedic theatre, answering questions during trauma meetings and 4h in a car. But I'm not complaining, this is my life now and I'm happy. I'm trying to pay attention to little things that make each day count: reading a book for 1h in the evening, plan the next trip somewhere, talk to my dad on the phone for way too long about everything and nothing or make ginger tea and listen to a melancholy playlist on Spotify

It's all too easy for weekdays to merge in one long blur and live from weekend to weekend.

So that's what I've been up to recently. Next Friday our friends are coming over from Poland and we're heading straight up North from the airport. I can't wait!

Here are some photos from the summer in Warsaw:


^^ my granny who was over the moon with this twin mushroom
^^ ^^ logo of my hospital in Warsaw, it is named after one of the Polish princesses who did a lot of charity work for women and children.







^^ summer evenings in Warsaw were spent on the city beach, sipping Polish cider.

So if you're reading this, tell me, what you've been up to recently? back at uni? at work? Had a good summer? What's Autumn like where you live? No more lurking, remember my little poem from the first paragraph?

- Malgosia




2 comments:

  1. Ah what a lovely post! This Autumn has been filled with plans for moving back to Scotland. Lots of house hunting got us a lovely little bungalow by the seaside and I can't wait to move in next month! :)

    Lou ~ whiskyandpancakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos made me miss Poland!
    A very good summer for us as our daughter Marisa was born in June. We had a few challenging weeks (we're first timers) but it's recently started getting easier (touch wood). I'm rather still sleep deprived though ;)

    ReplyDelete