Marta Maruszczyk aka PULPA // Designer Spotlight

5 April 2014



Welcome to a new series on my blog, in which I will be featuring up and coming designers.

Both me and J love good design. Recently I decided to follow the trends (add a prefix slow to anything and you're bang on trend these days) and to choose the items I buy more carefully. I want to be mindful of the choices I make in my day to day life and their impact on the planet/people's lives. I hope the days when I shopped in Primark are gone and that I will be able to support small producers and designers. Of course this is usually more expensive, but can also just mean a change of mindset and shopping only when necessary.

Today, I'd like to introduce you to Marta Maruszczyk- a young Polish designer behind a female fashion brand PULPA. She describes her brand as "Feminine Streetstyle" and uses neutral colours and beautiful fabrics in her work (all of the clothes by PULPA are handmade by Marta in her small flat/studio).

Jakub discovered PULPA via an interview blog called Soft & Slow (see I told you, 2014 may as well be renamed "slow"), where Marta talked about her inspirations and her home in Wroclaw.

I love PULPA and her dresses; they are very comfortable, made from beautiful fabrics and surprisingly affordable (prices vary from £30-50). I have this and this dress and if I could, I would wear them all the time.

Wearing clothes which are made from start to finish by the designer herself is a rare occurrence today, I'd never thought I'd be able to afford it before discovering PULPA.



So, what do you think? Do you know any new fashion designers you'd like to share?

Here is a link to PULPA online shop
and facebook page . Shipping from Poland took about 3 working days and cost around £5.


PS. Obviously this is not a sponsored post. All pictures copyright belong to PULPA.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and simple. I may treat myself to one of these dresses once my bump is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! Her dresses are really comfortable and make me feel great whenever I wear them

    ReplyDelete