Daydreaming: skating

24 October 2011

We are planning 1 week of staycation this December and today I started daydreaming about skating, winter wonderland, mulled wine, gingerbread cookies and all the other fun things we'll hopefully get to do. I'm not very good at skating, but  I'd love to try it more often and this winter it's definitely on my to-do list.
Don't you think that there is something very lady-like about skating?

And here is what skating in Edinburgh used to look like in 1900s.
St Margaret's Loch, Edinburgh
Duddingstone Loch, Edinburgh
Do you like skating? Are you already daydreaming about winter, or rather dreading it?  

*picture sources 1 |2| 3| 4|5 all via Flickr


2 comments:

  1. I love to skate, but it isn't so lady like down at Murrayfield Ice Rink and the winter wonderland rink needs a lot of work! I wish someone would let us ice over the whole canal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that last year a car has sunk in the canal as the ice wasn't thick enough. but then why would you try driving on the canal? ice skating would be much more fun!

    ReplyDelete