Living room makeover board

23 August 2011



As I mentioned a couple of times before, we are planning to make our flat a little bit nicer to live in. Above is what we both came up with yesterday. We are just planning to order some large prints of our holiday pictures, buy a couple of prints and paint the back of our IKEA Billy bookcase shelves in Pale Duck Laura Ashley in eggshell finish. 

I think we also need a couple of nice throws. And there is our almost finished wooden desk, which is just waiting for the drawer handles to be attached before we can share a couple of pictures here. I considered buying some pretty fabrics from Marimekko to sew the cushion covers, but they are quite pricey and I found very similar patterns in IKEA for a fraction of a price. I can't wait to starts sewing! I'm still looking for an affordable felt basket for some additional storage for magazines and my knitting sticks, so if you know where I can get one, please let me know :). 

The lamp above is from IKEA, but we found an even nicer one in TK Maxx the other day. I will post some more pictures once everything is ready. I think we definitely need a contrasting piece in the living room,  to complement the greys and blues, but I'm not sure what it could be. Again, if you have any ideas, please share!

So that would be our take on the Scandinavian style on a small budget. Hope it will work out nicely in the end.  


1 comment:

  1. ooo i love your inspiration board! especially that little whale print--its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete