This weekend

22 July 2011

We had  couple  of tough days this week so we're both very excited about this weekend. Tomorrow at the break of dawn we are going for a car boot sale, which should be a lot of fun. I'm going to look for some hardware for my RAST dresser DIY project and for a vintage desk/lamp for our home office corner. We're giving our tiny flat a little makeover on a small budget, so I'm on a look for bits and pieces and a car boot sale seems like a perfect place to start. 

The Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival starts today so we will make sure to make our way to some of the concerts. My dad loves Bossa Nova and I've felt the sentiment of the Brazillian jazz even more since we played 'A Girl from Ipanema' for my parents during our wedding.


On a different note, yesterday, I discovered punchfork.com via swiss-miss - it's a brilliant recipe source website, which ranks each dish basing on its popularity on twitter and facebook. Today we tried lemony shrimp salad with avocado, which was delicious. Here are the recipes I'd like to try out in the nearest future:
and a recipe which I've wanted to try for some time (partly to test my patience and partly to feel like Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina) : The Madame's Souffle . Have you ever baked one? Is it really that difficult? What are you planning this weekend?


Have a relaxing (and hopefully sunny) weekend!


*picture taken in the Botanic Gardens 

No comments: